Is there really a God? Why Does God Allow Pain and Suffering? Was Jesus really born of a virgin? Do I have a purpose in life? Can I rely on what the Bible says? Is God the same person as Jesus Christ? Can God really use someone like me?
These are all questions we’ve once asked ourselves, but the reality is that not all of them have a black and white answer. And although it’s really easy for me to throw out the phrase, “Because God is sovereign!” That isn’t going to resonate with most people who are caught up in a tough and painful situation, regardless if it’s the truth.
Why Does God Allow Pain And Suffering?
- So you can understand and recognize where to find comfort. His arms are your resting place!
- Because even Jesus himself mourned and suffered. It’s almost as if he is saying, “You can cry too!”
- So that His comfort and peace can be showcased in times of need. He is always ready to embrace you!
- So that your faith has a chance to be utilized. Trust in him during the pain and trials. His comfort and peace won’t stray you wrong!
- So you can feel human, and partake in the joy of supporting one another. Bond together and cry with one another!
Mind you, I understand this might not be the answers you are looking for, but let me shine a little more light on the situation.
Last year my grandfather passed away in a freak traffic accident. And although I still don’t understand why God allowed this circumstance to take place, It has solidified who I find my comfort in. Make sense? I might not ever understand why God allowed my grandfather to pass, but I will always know who to find my comfort in when things like this do happen. JESUS!
Are you suffering?
- Did a loved one pass away?
- Are you in financial debt or trouble?
- Is your marriage on the rocks?
- Are your kids rebelling against you?
- Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
- Did someone lie, cheat, or steal from you?
- Are your grades not what they are supposed to be?
- Are you finding yourself struggling with depression or anxiety?
Whatever your circumstances are, I want to tell you that I am so very sorry. I want you to know that I am personally praying for you even though I have never met you in person. And I need you to know that although you may never understand why certain things have happened, you will always know WHO (Jesus) to turn to when you are in need.
So, to answer your question: Why does God allow pain and suffering?
I honestly don’t know. I don’t know why my grandfather passed away. I don’t know why our friends baby girl is battling cancer. And I don’t know why I dealt with severe depression for 5 year of my life. But I do know that he provides the only true solution to you finding peace and comfort. No one else can offer you that. In all honestly, I don’t think life would be as fulfilling if everything went exactly the way we wanted it to. It just wouldn’t make sense.
- Matthew 5:4 – Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Matthew 11:28 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
- 2 Corinthians 1:4 – Who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
In your trials, look to God. In your suffering, look to God. In your pain, look to God. He will bring you eternal peace in a world that only offers temporary.