Has the thought crossed your mind that you might be having an emotional affair?
Are you unsure what an emotional affair is or wonder what one looks like? The following list is an excerpt from my eBook Entangled. It’s not an exhaustive list of ways to recognize if you’re in an emotional affair. Entangled details many more. See if any of these resonate:
1. You think about him/her all the time.
2. Your daydreams are consumed with him/her.
3. Songs make you think of him/her. You might even share lyrics with the person.
4. You write poems or stories reflecting feelings or fantasies.
5. You think of him when you dress, fix your hair, or get ready.
6. You confess dreams or feelings for each other.
7. When you’re not together, you remain connected. Your spouse is unaware.
8. You desire to see that person and be where you know he/she will be.
9. You refer to each other as girlfriend/boyfriend or office wife/husband.
10. You wish you’d never met your spouse or you fantasize their death.